The world football governing body also extended its condolence to the families of two worksmen who lost their lives in an accident in Sao Paulo last month.
“We are feeling sad for the families,” said president Sepp Blatter. “Sao Paulo will be ready for the opening match.
“We deplore the loss of the two people who lost their lives.”
Meanwhile, the 43, 000 Arena Pantanal and the 41,000 Arena da Baixada are also behind schedule, but Blatter does not expect the issues with the stadium to course further delays.
However, FIFA secretary general, Jerome Valcke, says they will be ready by February.
“We don’t know when the green light (to resume works) will be given (in Sao Paulo).
“We are not in a crisis mood, looking at an alternative to Sao Paulo but Curitiba is facing the most problems and clearly won’t be delivered before February 2014.
“The people from Curitiba attended a meeting (on Monday) and promised to organise themselves to get the stadium ready by the end of February 2014,” said Valcke.