Google Advert1

Thursday 3 October 2013

Actor Benson Okonkwo Says He Was Sexually Abused At Age 10

Screenshot_2013-10-02-13-49-24
The sexually controversial Nollywood actor, Benson Okonkwo has come out to clear his name, after being criticized online for his raunchy statements
Read below what the actor had to say: -
People think that things are always rosy for actors. They think it’s always all about glamour but the truth is we have all had our ugly experiences.
I have gone through a lot in the past and that is what has made me the Benson Okonkwo many love and respect today in the industry. I was sexually abused at the tender age of 10 by my 35 year old neighbor simply called Aunty Amaka, a lady who I love and respect.
She took advantage of me on that fateful afternoon after luring me with sweets and biscuits. She stole my innocence and ever since then I have been haunted by that hurtful memory. That’s why I put passion into my acting career because its takes away my pain”.
I kept it away from my parents, but I told our gateman, who did not tell my parents too.
I grew up with the shock and it still disturbs me till today.
I really wish parents would be more careful with who they leave their kids with.

No comments:

Post a Comment