Google Advert1

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Seedorf Appointed New Milan Coach



Former AC Milan midfielder, Clarence Seedorf has announced his retirement from his playing career to take up the vacant coaching job at San Siro.
The Dutch great made over 400 appearances in his 10 years at Milan, during which he won two Serie A and two Champions League titles.
The managerial seat at Milan became vacant as the club parted ways with Massimiliano Allegri on Monday, following Milan’s shock 4-3 defeat to Sassuolo on Sunday.
The former Holland star had been playing in Brazil for Botafogo after leaving Italy, but is new boss at the San Siro and is charged with improving the club’s fortunes.
“I’m here to announce that I’m quitting professional football. After 22 years, it was the right move. It was a very difficult night, but I’m very proud of what I’ve done in my career.
“I’m very satisfied with what I’ve done with Botafogo. Helping the team to get back to Libertadores Cup was very important as it was winning the state championship, but this was just too good an opportunity to turn down.”
“I leave an improved club, especially in terms of their mentality and team spirit.
“Milan? We will meet again. This experience of the last year and a half has made me grow up a lot and will help me in my next step, as coach of Milan, who have hired me in both an elegant and correct manner.
“I like challenges and coaching Milan will be another challenge in my career,” Seedorf said in a press conference at the stadium.
Allegri won the Serie A title in his first season at the San Siro back in 2011 but the Italian giants have been on the slide ever since, and are 11th in the table, 30 points adrift of table-toppers Juventus.
Allegri, 46, was going to leave the club at the end of the season, but was told to go earlier in the wake of Sunday’s 4-3 loss to minnows Sassuolo. See More....

No comments:

Post a Comment